This is long overdue, but I should tell you that Mama & Son: Clean House is now available on the Xbox Live Marketplace! This was one of the No More Sweden 2009 jam games by Daniel Remar and Joel Nyström. It has been adopted by Ludosity (where both Daniel and Joel work) and ported to Xbox.
Here are all the games that were submitted to us in a playable form, you can get them individually below or get the entire collection in a zip (48 mb)
Cyan Magenta Sex
Jesus vs. Feminist
Champagne (Richard Olsson & Erik Svedäng)
Schizophrenic man and a woman
Ex-ex-ex-perimental (Martin Jonasson, Petri Purho)
Gummilaget (Tommy Preger)
Team Hideous (Hideous)
Guy in the Desert
“It’s a game about the flight from the inevitable.”
Sausage Fest (Jeb, Kinten)
The Madman and a Door
Spirit Horse of the Cherokee
K.N.A. (Kian, Nils, Andreas)
Notch (Markus Persson)
One Trullz of Power (Ian Lundbom)
Really Shooter + Cleaning Lady vs. The Masters of the Universe
Four Dimensons (Joel Nyström, Daniel Remar)
Team Awesome (Michael Todd, Daniel Kaplan)
Decimal (Anders Ekermo)
The time for No More Sweden is closing up fast, we’ve been getting some questions about practicalities lately, so here’s a post to clear those up:
There will be wireless internet available. But NO cabled access. Make sure you’ve got a wifi-dongle or something.
We’ll try to arrange for as many power outlets as we can, but don’t expect anything more than one outlet per person. So bring enough power strips to cover all your needs, if you have a few extra outlets to spare, that would be greatly appreciated.
You can drink alcohol at the venue, but there are people working and possibly bringing in customers in the same building, so keep it sensible.
The venue is at ground floor and has large windows to the street, there are blinds, but we’ve been recommended not to leave any valuables there as they’ve had some problems with breakins during the night. But this is assuming we’re not there, and I suspect we will be. 😉
Update: My phone number (martin) is +46706034762 give me a call if you can’t find the venue, are lost or anything like that.
If you have any more questions, do post them in the comments and I will update this post accordingly.
Here’s the complete list of attendees, all 38. Time to get excited.
|Daniel Remar||Spiff / Ultimortal||http://www.remar.se/daniel/|
|Doug Wilson (and 3 friends)|
|Ian Lundbom||yttrekollo / Trullz||http://forums.tigsource.com/(…)|
|Yann van der Cruyssen|
If you are an elite IRC idler and longs for another channel to lurk in, #nomoresweden at EsperNet may be the choice of your day. The channel was previously at Freenode, but EsperNet is the same network as TIGSource‘s IRC channel (#tigirc), so we moved there.
For Twitter users you can also use the #nomoresweden tag on your No More Sweden-related tweets. I know, that’s 13 letters of the treasured 140, but #nms could possibly cause confusion with other topics on the internets. And please post your Twitter accounts in the comments!
Here’s the preliminary schedule for No More Sweden 2009!
Wednesday, July 15
- 18:00 – Warmup evening for early birds! (we’re NOT at MINC, give Martin a call to find us)
Thursday, July 16
- 09:00 – NMS officially begins
- 13:00 – Start collecting words for the main competition (all day)
- 16:00 – One-hour creative mini-compo
- 17:00 – Testing and judging
- 18:00 – Food break
- 19:30 – Main competition categories are revealed, teams are formed
- 20:00 – Words are distributed, main competition begins
Friday, July 17
- All day – Main competition
- 18:00 – Food break
Saturday, July 18
- 14:00 – Main competition ends, playtesting begins
- 16:00 – Lecture
- 16.00 – Playtesting and Food break
- 18:00 – Main competition voting and cheering
- Once we’re done – Quick cleanup
- Around 21:00 – Party time at Martins place.
- Later – We go to Debaser or any other place that strikes your fancy.
Sunday, July 19
- Afternoon 13.00 to 15.00 – Clean thy shit up. There’s no guarantee there will be anyone here to let you in before or after these hours.
- Sometime – NMS 2009 ends
Main Competition Rules
- The competition is 40 hours long (albeit much night time)
- Any preparations and tools are allowed
- You may go solo or team up with another fox/stallion
- You will receive 3 words/topics and should try to include at least two of them in your game
- You may trade words with other teams
- There will be 6 prize categories + one category for “Best Experience”
- The prizes in all categories are insane cheering
The response has been great and we’ve just now reached twenty five attendees.
The limit we have is thirty so if you want to come make sure you drop us a line right now!
All the info you need is right here on the No More Sweden 2009 page.
Now it’s time to sign up for the event. It’s very simple, just send an e-mail to:
The information we need is:
- Artist name / internet nick
- Phone number
- Website / information on who you are, if that’s not evident
- If you know when you will arrive, write that too
Try to do this as soon as possible because space is limited! (early birds have priority)
Also PLEASE only register if you know for sure that you are coming, that will help us tremendously. Regarding beds — there are a few people living in Malmö that might have a few free beds over, tell us in the e-mail if you’re interested in getting one of these and we might be able to arrange that.
Finally — some of you might wonder when it all will start during the Thursday the 16:th. The answer is that some of us will be there from the morning (like 8-ish) so it’s just to drop in during the day. We will probably have some kind of arranged activity in the evening so make sure you’re there by then. Oh, and if you want to come on Wednesday the 15:th, people (like me!) are surely up for beer at any of Malmö’s numerous pubs so that shouldn’t be a problem 🙂
Erik Svedäng, Martin Jonasson & Jens Bergensten
Now the venue for the next No More Sweden has been set and it will be in Malmö at a place called MINC. It’s a really nice looking house in the harbor and it’s got plenty of space, tables, chairs and stuff. It’s also very easy to get there by all different means of traveling (flight goes to Kastrup which is ½ hour away with train).
The only negative thing about the venue is that we can’t really sleep there (but we can be there all night). The guys in Malmö have promised to house as many people as possible though, and there are also some nice hostels nearby (this for example, with path-finding) .
I think the whole event will work out really great, we will soon try to gather submissions so that we now exactly who is coming. Stay tuned!
Oh, and finally — big thanks to Martin who fixed this venue, great work!!!
Deadline for place submissions set to 24th of May. Expect finalized information soon after that.