The deadline is soon less than 12 hours away, your game needs to be submitted in time for the deadline at 10.00 on Sunday. The submissions form is here!
As it turns out, there’s a ban on fires in the entire Stockholm. This means that the barbecue planned for tonight is cancelled.
We’re streaming all the presentations (and probably the rest of the jam) on bambuser. The stream will probably jump up and down a bit, so just try and find the latest one on our profile.
First week in August it is! Go check out the dedicated NMS2011 page for more of that sweet, sweet information. You can even sign up right now!
Mårten Brüggemann told us about his first idol, Gregory Janson, and what he worked with and what became of him.
Go over to the summary page to see it.
Ooops… it seems like we’ve forgotten to say exactly where in Skövde the event will be, sorry about that! For those who attended the first NMS — we will not be in the same place!
We’re going to hang out at the business incubator Gothia Science Park that is located next to the university (and very close to the train station).
The building looks like this:
Just enter through the front door and you will find us directly to the right on the bottom floor!
Call this number if you get lost: +46 (0)73 75 66 716
Come tomorrow it’s only a week until the start of the glorious NMS2010 with more than twenty people signed up already we’re slowly approaching the attendance of last year, but there’s plenty of room for more.
If you haven’t signed up already, make sure you do before Friday (July 2nd). That’ll be our cutoff date. The instructions are in this post.
Stay tuned to this very blog the coming days for more updates about the event. And as always, if you have any questions, post them in the comments!
All claims that this post first had a weird date are untrue. I deny any and all accusations.
Another awesome No More Sweden is in the works, hopefully we can soon secure a location. The preliminary dates for this year’s event is July, 1-4th or 8-11th. If you’ve got a big problem with attending any of those weekends, comment below so that we can see how many people want to change it to some other time. The thinking behind the dates is that it’s late enough for people to actually have started their vacation but still far enough from the BIGjam in August. For general questions about the event, use this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The big upgrade this year’s NMS is that we will try to focus more on learning from each other and show off our work. Everyone who is interested in giving a talk should send an e-mail to email@example.com with a short description off what they’d want to do and how much time they’ll need. Hopefully this can become a great opportunity to get to know more about what everybody is up to; a kind of mini-GDC (but more fun!)
Examples of what YOU could do:
- Show prototypes, experiments, unreleased stuff etc. Finished or unfinished, it doesn’t matter.
- Show a finished game you’ve made and explain your thinking behind it
- Review/show anything that you find inspiring
- Talk about game design, art, sound, programming, whatever (maybe you have given a talk somewhere else that you can use again?)
- Give a tutorial or “tips & trix”-session for some program that you like (Gamemaker, Unity, Flash, Photoshop, etc)
- Rant about something that pisses you off
- Panel discussion (suggest other panel members) about a subject matter close to your heart
- Share an experience of being an indie game developer
- Anything else you can come up with
So please, think of a something you would want to do and help us make this a reality!!!
Also, for those who worry: there will still be a competition (Jens is going to be in charge of that) but it’s going to take less time and be a little less serious than last year.
Hope to see you at this year’s No More Sweden!
Thanks for an excellent couple of days. Now all that’s left is to get these games on the internet so people can play them.
We plan to publish the games on the site within a week, but as most of you have your own blogs/sites we figured you may want to put them there instead. So we won’t just put all the submissions up and be done with it.
What to do:
- Please send us a screenshot, we *might* grab some ourselves, but your will probably be better. That’s a surefire way get you a lot of more players.
- If you want to you can have a small text to accompany your game. Maybe your words or what you tried to communicate. Send us that too.
- Choose a publishing option:
- If you want to keep the game on your site, send us a link to your page about the game.
- If you want to update your game, send us a new one.
- If you *don’t* want us to publish, tell us!
Minor tweaks to your game a bit are also fine, but don’t overdo it, it’s supposed to be done within the time limit.
We’ll publish Sunday (2/8) so we need your stuff before then!
Send your updates to this to firstname.lastname@example.org (note that it’s .se not .com)